Saturday, October 30, 2010

Giving yourself a golden touch






















I don't know if many of you are like me, but I didn't get a lot of sun this summer. I wondered how I could make my face appear to have a golden touch. I attempted to learn this technique in photoshop.

1. Import a simple photo of yourself. like this one.

2. On the photo, click the icon under the panel that is half black/half clear in the shape of a circle, once clicked, select the "photo filter" option.

3. a new layer will appear, with it. From there go to the "ADJUSTMENTS" panel and make sure you have selected a warming filter. I selected "warming filter 85". Then bring the density down so it matches what you like. I brought mine to about a 20 percent of so.

4. From there, copy the layer.

5. In the new layer, change in the upper left hang corner from "normal" to "overlay" and bring down the opacity until you have a glow you like.

You can see the before and after above.

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea! I have so many photos of myself in the winter where i look sickly pale, and I've always wondered if there was a way to make my face look a little tanner. thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I'm really pale sometimes, to the point that I think it really takes away from the photo itself. Sometimes I just look so washed out, that something like this would really come in handy. Not just for my own vanity, but to improve the picture.

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really great. The filter also increases the vibrance of the rest of the image, which is nice. I am dying to know where this was taken! Very picturesque....

    ReplyDelete