Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Hunt for figure+ground and a little CRAP as well


Unless I saw the tiny logo at the bottom, I would not be aware this was an ad campaign from the WWF. Anyway, I think this is a great example of figure, ground because the image of the reptile blends in with the cracks in the soil. At first glance I was just see the cracks, only to discover the form an animal as well. I like how it blends in so well.




CRAP

I was looking design ideas for my bedroom when I came across the cover of this book. I think it's a simple version of contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity.

For one the thing, the contrast is created with the color of the chairs. Also through the chairs you get the repetition of one almost being on top of one another. With alignment, I feel the text is just proportional, almost centered with the chairs to add to the simplicity. Together these elements help create the book cover.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I think the repetition of the two chairs with little proximity between them makes the advertisement look three dimensional.

    ReplyDelete